Sunday, March 07, 2010

diggin'

through the email drafts


"this is an interesting post for me, because ever since i've been back in vietnam i have been unable to think, unable to really describe my feelings because my mind has gone haywire. i'm not sure if the word "confused happy" encompasses it...i don't think it does. but i suppose its due to my ability of making my own memories in vietnam, rather than have them recalled to me, is what is making me feel this indescribable feeling. the smells sounds and way of life, have become part of my life.

it is a first for me... instead of vietnam being such a "distant" memory, or something that i had to discover, imagine, picture, ask or pry out of my family..its here and its real life. and the fact that the two have meshed together (past and present) have been really overwhelming."



September 17, 2009


someone else wrote this blurb but I had saved it in a draft a long time ago - amusing:


 I miss being the many luxuries of American lifestyle including privacy, sanitation, Wal-mart, conveniently accessable clean water, a microwave, snow, activities such as bowling or shopping in a mall, etc. Co-op mart in Long Xuyen has been a compensation for the shopping but it still isn't the same, though I don't mind so much anymore. We have someone who cleans the house but I still scrub my own  personal living space with Clorox to compensate for my sanitation habits, and I have been lucky enough to travel to colder regions to compensate for my nostalgia of cold Colorado weather.


Draft Saved at Wednesday, April 29, 2009

No comments: